Monday, November 21, 2011

Garnets in November















I wanted something pretty for the cooler weather. The wristers don't match the beret, although they were intended to complement the hat. I hope next year to add another something in the same colourways. I absolutely love this yarn...it is perfect for colourwork, and I am gradually acquiring a nice little stash for future projects!

Beret pattern: Amaryllis (by Mary Ann Stephens) Needles: 3.25mm
Wristers: my own design Needles: 2.75mm
Yarn: KnitPicks Palette - 307 yards (total garnet yardage only)

2 comments:

Nui said...

The pattern is very beautiful. I hope to be able to do this type of work someday.

Sandy and Steve said...

Beautiful set! I'm currently doing the Knitpicks Woodland Mittens in Palette. First time I've used that yarn and i like it a lot too.