Saturday, January 1, 2011

December 2010 Project


This scarf is about 2/3 done and is being knit as a thank-you to a cousin who helped my son and me last January when we had to travel for his college entrance interview. Her daughter had seen a picture of a scarf in an ad and just loved it. This yarn is very close to what I was shown, so decided to knit it for her.

The yarn (actually roving) is Tahki Montana in colorway 014. It's knitting up rather quickly when I actually work on it, but it's getting kinda big to tote with me, so the overall progress is a bit slow now.

The pattern is basically stockinette stitch, but it's done flat as knit 1, slip 1 so that it actually becomes a tube so that it doesn't curl. I had originally tried to put a garter stitch border on the sides, but it didn't look good plus I didn't care for the reverse st st on the back. I like how this is turning out and am making every effort to finish it by mid-January.

In January, I hope to finish some WIPs and have more projects to post.

No comments: