Monday, August 22, 2011

August Projects


August was a productive month. Along with these projects, I also finished three hats and another pair of socks. All those pics are on my big computer, which is in the shop. The circle thingey is the beginnings of the Diatom Shawl, a Knitpicks kit in the purple colorway. It calls for 10 balls of their Palette fingering yarn, so it's going to be HUGE. A Christmas present for my daughter-in-law, Molly. The socks were knit for the Free Pattern Testers Group on Ravelry. They are called TATU--Try a Toe Up sock (which I do anyway!). The yarn was unlabeled from my stash--I think it was one of those German ones with a name I can't pronounce.

3 comments:

Nui said...

Love the beginnings of your shawl - it beautiful.

Sylvia said...

Good luck with the shawl! I see you were able to get the center started. That is the hardest part. I restarted my orkney pi at least 5 times (this go around, it was hibernating for 3 years)

Sylvia said...

Good luck with the shawl! I see you were able to get the center started. That is the hardest part. I restarted my orkney pi at least 5 times (this go around, it was hibernating for 3 years)