Saturday, August 27, 2011

August project - A travel wrap

I wanted something that I could use as a wrap, but which would also keep my lap and legs warm in the car, and my arms and shoulders warm when camping, so I came up with this shawl-wrap-ghan, nicely modeled by my LYS friend Carol.

I wore it the first time this past week when we went camping in the mountains, where it was rather chilly in the evening, and I found that the design needs some reworking. It's not quite long enough in the 'sleeve' area, so I'm going to remove the white, and knit another 8 inches total all around, then add back the white trim. I've got deadlines demanding attention, so until I can find some spare time for the rework, it can be quite useful as a wrap and lapghan.

Yarn: LionBrand Wool Ease 3 skeins, 600 yards
Needles: US 8/5.00mm



No comments: